Friday, October 20, 2017

Kitchen Upgrade 380.00 Plus Appliances!


Here's the "1990's Kitchen Picture" of the house we bought. This house was had been rented for  years and no upgrades. I can't complain. My husband and I seem to by these plain slates to upgrade! It's all about the "bones". How solid the house is.

Keep in mind I live in Florida. Maybe I should tell you, I don't go by whats trending. I go by... my passion. What I love.

 I also try to create a space thats not too frilly because my husband doesnt want to feel he lives in a dollhouse/Girly.

My list of upgrades are extensive for this house. I try to be budget friendly so I can splurge on the important upgrades I see down the road. (Like an endless pool!)

This project is more for the advanced DIY person. Or you can look on youtube to research "How To"  to build your confidence. This does take some talent!

Enter my husband and his talent.

Larry, has worked as a body man for over 30 years. He spray painted  the countertops (much like how he would spray a vehicle) 

Sand the countertops to rough up a bit and use a tac cloth to get up all dust. You must be careful that the AC unit or Heat unit in your home does not pull dust around in the area you are working or the paint will fish eye. Let the paint dry over night and follow direction on glaze coat. This is an epoxy type finish and its a chemical reaction that sets the surface HARD as nails! Cost 300.00

After upgrading the counter tops the next step was the peel and stick back splash from #Lowes on clearance for 7.99 a square. Total cost: 80.00

Kitchen ready for new appliances! Here is the AFTER!


xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx



Finally new floors- Laminate over tile!


Follow me by email, Remember sharing is caring! I am very passionate about my space and love sharing many of my talents with you! 

If you want to follow me to my new blog for coffee conversation and the salt life where I share random post about living in central florida head over here:



💟

Michelle
Daytona, Fl

No comments:

Post a Comment

The shadow government organization aimed at resisting and tearing down the Constitutional Republic we know as AMERICA.

Please Share- This is not about if you love the past president or the now president please read entirely & share. This is about many of ...