Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Master Bedroom: What Idea Do You Have When You Think oF a Black Bedroom?

Are You thinking too dark? That it would only be Gothic? Or even unattractive? Maybe to bold?
Certainly not in Florida! <--- I do get that last statement a lot. Although in my humble opinion I think you should design your space with things that you love!

My husband and I have a love for the color black.


Let me show you the before picture of what we had to work with. I'll be showing you the room, the motel- ish style vanity area and the bathroom off to the side.





Pretty plain.









<-Keep your eye out for the beam and this room right here was just about the deal breaker with only one vanity. It also looked like a motel room! 1990 Formica. I tried changing the pull knobs and mirror - just wasnt enough! I took craft paint sponge painted the counter and epoxyed the top to get a granite look!







 <----As is counter top. Hit it with sandpaper to rough it up.

Acrylic craft paint base color grey. Let dry.

I scrunched a plastic bag in my hand and started to randomly dip in my next color (black) and patted all over my base coat. Let dry and applied my third color (white). Let it dry and follow the direction on the epoxy box and let stand for 48 hours. You could add some glitter but the very fine kind for a more natural stone effect.


This is the "header" or beam ..I had my husband add. Trying to find a way to give the room some division. Then adding mirrors to two walls was my hardest try at making this space look less like a motel.


Here's the sink with a new paint job, new faucet and knobs.








I hope you find that a black bedroom is not as scary as it sounds! Accent color can change easy with black. White furniture is trendy now and also helps lighten the room.
Full tour in video below.







Follow me by email, Remember sharing is caring! I am very passionate about my space and love sharing many of my talents with you! 


💟

Michelle

Daytona, Fl

No comments:

Post a Comment

The shadow government organization aimed at resisting and tearing down the Constitutional Republic we know as AMERICA.

Please Share- This is not about if you love the past president or the now president please read entirely & share. This is about many of ...